Table of Content
- 01 GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023
- 02 GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria Educational Qualification
- 03 GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023 for international Candidates
- 04 Documents Required to Prove GATE 2023 Eligibility
- 05 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- 06 How Can VISHWA Help You
GATE 2023 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Do you aspire to take the GATE 2023 Exam? Before applying for the GATE 2023 Exam, candidates should check whether they meet the eligibility criteria. Your GATE 2023 Exam application will be considered valid only if you meet all the eligibility conditions. To help candidates understand the eligibility criteria and to have a smooth application process, we have composed detailed information on the GATE 2023 Exam eligibility criteria. Read on to learn all about the GATE eligibility requirements to have a hassle-free registration process.
Here is an Overview of this Page:
- 1. GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023
- 2. GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria Educational Qualification
- 3. GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023 for international Candidates
- 4. Documents Required to Prove GATE 2023 Eligibility
- 5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- 6. How can VISHWA Help You?
1. GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023
The organizing body of the GATE 2023 Exam, IIT Kanpur, will publish the eligibility criteria for GATE 2023 on their official website along with the official notification.
The eligibility criteria for GATE 2023 include a list of parameters such as academic qualification, nationality, and more.
- Candidates of Indian nationality are eligible.
- International candidates residing in Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates (UAE) are also eligible.
- Education Qualification: The minimum qualification expected for applicants is 10+2+3, i.e., students who have passed SSLC (10th) and HSC (12th)/ diploma and are currently in the third year or higher of their undergraduate program can apply for the GATE Exam.
- Age Limit: There is no minimum or maximum age limit for registering for the GATE 2023 Exam.
- Maximum No. of Papers: Aspirants can apply for two GATE papers. Candidates can refer to the list of papers allowed as the Second GATE Paper here.
- Degree Requirements:
- Candidates who hold a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce or a post-graduate degree in relevant disciplines are eligible to apply for the GATE 2023 Exam.
- Candidates who have obtained/pursuing a degree from foreign countries must be currently in their third or higher year or completed their Bachelor's degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Science/ Commerce.
- Maximum Attempts: There is no cap on the number of attempts on the GATE Exam. The GATE Exam is conducted once a year, and candidates can appear for the exam as many times as possible.
2. GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
Find the educational qualification candidates need to fulfil to appear for the GATE 2023 Exam.
|Degree/ Program||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Description of Eligible GATE Candidates||Expected Year of Completion|
|B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Pharm.||Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 Years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in third or higher year or already completed UG||2024|
|B.Arch||Bachelor's Degree in Architecture (5 Year Course) / Naval Architecture (4 Year Course) / Planning (4 Year Course)||Currently in third or higher year or already completed the degree||2025 (for 5-year program) 2024 (for 4-year programs)|
|SB.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor's degree in Science (Post-diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in third or higher year or already completed the degree||2024|
|Pharm.D.||6-Year Program, including Internship or Residency Training from 3rd Year Onwards||Currently in third or higher year or already completed the degree||2026|
|M.B.B.S. / B.D.S.||M.B.B.S. or B.D.S. Degree Holders and students in 5th / 6th / 7th Semester or higher semester of such programs||5th 6th 7th or higher semester or already completed the degree||2024|
|M.Sc./ MA/ MCA or Equivalent||Master's Degree in any Branch of Arts/ Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or Equivalent||Currently in the first year or higher or already graduated||2024|
|Integrated M.E. / M.Tech (Post - B.Sc.)||Post B.Sc. Integrated Master's Degree Programs in Engineering/ Technology (4-year program)||Currently in any year or already completed the degree||Any year|
|Integrated M.E./ M.Tech/ M.Pharm. or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master's Degree Program or Dual Degree Program in Engineering / Technology (5 Year Program)||Currently in 3rd / 4th / 5th year or already graduated||2025|
|B.Sc./ BA / B.Com.||Bachelor's Degree in any Branch of Science/ Arts/ Commerce (3 Year Program)||Currently in 3rd year or already graduated||2023|
|Integrated M.Sc., Integrated B.S. / M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5 Year Integrated B.S. - M.S. Program||Currently in the 3rd year or higher or already completed the degree||2025|
|Professional Society Examination (Equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch)||B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch Equivalent Examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/ UPSC / AICTE||Completed Section A or Equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
List of Professional Universities:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunications Engineers (IETE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (IIChemE)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (IIM)
- The Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIIE)
3. GATE Eligibility Criteria 2023 for international Candidates
Candidates outside India residing in various other countries are eligible to appear for the GATE 2023 Exam. The GATE 2023 eligibility criteria for candidates living outside of India are given in the table below.
|Nationality||Candidates with the Nationality of Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and the United Arab Emirates are eligible for GATE 2023|
|Academic Qualification||Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master's Degree in a related field|
|Age Criteria||Candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master's Degree in a related field|
|Age Criteria||There is No Age Limit for GATE 2023|
|Duration of the Program||To become eligible for GATE 2023, candidates should complete a degree with a duration of 3 years|
4. Documents Required to Prove GATE 2023 Eligibility
Candidates applying for the GATE 2023 Exam should submit some documents to prove they meet the eligibility requirements. The list of documents required while filling up the GATE 2023 Application Form are as follows:
- A Valid Photo ID issued by the Government.
- Certificate of Dyslexia (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- A Passport-Size Photograph with white background
- Candidate's Signature (Must be signed with a black pen on white paper)
- Graduated applicants are required to submit the degree/ provisional certificate as issued by the concerned authorities.
- Persons with Disability (PwD) are required to upload a PwD certificate issued by the recognized authority.
- If the candidates have not graduated yet, then they have to upload their provisional certificate issued by the institute.
5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the GATE 2023 eligibility criteria:
We hope that the information presented on this page gives you a clear idea of the GATE 2023 Exam eligibility criteria. Please read through the eligibility requirements and make sure you meet those conditions before applying for the GATE 2023 Exam. Once you have applied for the exam, start your preparations early to cover the entire syllabus and perform well in the GATE 2023 Exam. Consider joining an online GATE coaching program to significantly improve the odds of securing an All-India Rank in the GATE 2023 Exam.
6. How can VISHWA Help You?
Is it your dream to secure a high rank in GATE 2023? At VISHWA, we offer well-organized GATE Exam coaching programs that help candidates master the GATE Exam. Our programs help students prepare for GATE, anytime, anywhere, with lecture videos produced by experienced teachers. Choose VISHWA's expert guidance and gain access to 800+ hours of lecture video content, subject-wise practice tests, and other exciting study tools.